WINE – FOOD – DESIGN – TRAVEL
On the 7th November, between 5-9 in the evening, a tasting-show was held in the basement of the Vinyl Factory with the best producers and young creatives from Oporto and of the vibrant Douro valley present in the UK.
An opportunity to taste more than 150 different still Douro wines and Ports available to taste in a relaxed atmosphere from 26 of the Douro’s most exciting wineries.
Some of the many local grape Varieties used included: Malvasia, Rabigato, Viosinho, Folgazao for the whites and Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barca for reds.
This was a great opportunity to meet the winemakers and learn more about the Douro wine region and their wine styles.
Apart from Wine, there were other attractions and exhibitors present, representing Food, Design & Travel in the Duoro, including: (a list of exhibitors will be detailed in the first picture)
– Exciting food artisans who brought their hand crafted Portuguese specialities to nibble on. London based chef Leo Carreira (former Glimpson’s Arch) serving Portuguese tapas (Petiscos);
– A chance to experience Portuguese design and crafts (discovering the most stunning Portuguese ceramics and design produce);
– Portuguese DJ playing the sound of THE NEW DOURO; and
– Insider travel information and tips for Oporto and the Douro valley with wine and foodie tours and outstanding accommodation.
– The Douro River is a river in Portugal.
– It takes 2,044 kilometres to get there.
– Pedras Water Sparkling Natural MIneral Water (from Portugal) was used at the New Duoro Tasting from Region ‘Região Norte’ in Pedras Salgadas.
– Água das Pedras – “water from stones”
– Pedras is a member of the Fine Water Society. (www.finewaters.com/bottled-waters-of-the-world/portugal/pedras)
– In 2010, Pedras was awarded ‘Superior Taste Award’ with three stars by International Taste & Quality Institute.
– It has a Very High Minerality Content and a TDS* of 2,807 mg/l.
*TDS is the Total Dissolved Solids. It measures the mineral composition of any given water, which results in creating its own specific flavor profile and character. In this case, it is Acidic.
Overall, an amazing work by the Organisers and Exhibitors presenting the wines, as well as other exhibitors presenting Food, Design and Fashion in the Duoro and Travel Information. João Cunha Francisco Spratley Ferreira
#thenewduoro #thenewduoro2016 #duoro #duorovalley #vinylfactory #winetasting #wine #food #water #music #design #travel #portugal #port #porto #soho